Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Outfit Post: Mary Poppins Inspired!

Source: http://theatrefashion.tumblr.com/

So I saw this picture a loooong time ago and saved it in my ginormous folder of fashion inspiration pictures on my computer. I was looking through it the other day and realized I have the exact same skirt. So of course, I had to make my own version of this outfit. Because who doesn't want to look like Mary Poppins. 




Top: Thrifted. Cardigan: Thrifted. Skirt: White House Black Market. 
Bracelet: Forever21. Tights: White House Black Market. Shoes: Amazon.

For me, I did a black blouse and black tights instead of the cream in the original picture. Plus I don't have any heels like that, nor would I be able to wear heels that high. So instead I wore my nearly flat granny boots, which I bought recently. They are amazing! It took me months to find them, because most boots like that are heeled. Anyways, that is my Mary Poppins Inspired outfit.

P.S. I am sorry I am a terrible blogger who never posts.
P.S.S. Tomorrow I am going to have a Goth-a-days (From Professor Z's Cabinet of Curiosities blog) about my holiday celebrations. I'm a little scared to do a personal non-fashion post but I want to do that sometimes here so yeah. Please be nice!


5 comments:

  1. I like the black blouse with your outfit much better than the cream! I'm very excited to read your post tomorrow about your holiday celebrations! And I will be nice ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I just posted my holiday celebrations post. Sorry it's rambly.

      Delete
  2. Granny boots <3! They're lovely. And they remind me even more of Mary Poppins :D (although I have to say those oxfords are gorgeous)
    I love stripes and I love the combination of white+black+red. Very nice outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the oxfords too, my knees on the other hand would not love them.

      Delete
  3. Such a great look! You did an excellent job of recreating that outfit and making it your own. I like your skirt and blouse even better than those in the original.

    ReplyDelete