Sunday, December 30, 2012

Outfit Post: Preppy Goth? Plus a little FOTD.



Okay, so I was quite nervous about posting this, as I fear getting random comments of "That is not goth!". Still I decided to take the plunge. Lately I've been playing with the idea of pairing perhaps the least gothy way of dressing with some very gothy elements. Sort of like gothabilly, but a bit less kitchsy. More like what I think Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn would have worn if they were goth.

So here's my little first outfit in this style. Also I decided to try the goth color theory of Black+Color+Color inspired by CorpGoth's rather old post here: http://corpgoth.blogspot.com/2010/12/gothic-color-theory.html. Although maybe that's two colors, does white could as an accent color here?


 Also sorry for the not so fantastic quality of these pictures. I can't find the usb cord for my camera so all of these were taken with my iphone, by my lovely boyfriend. Anyways, onto the face of the day.

I decided to do a bit of gray based pin-up look. With blue eyeliner to match my skirt for fun. I'm also wearing my new favorite lipstick, Revlon Fire and Ice. It's a bit more of toned down red, plus it's a color they've had since the 1950's. The vintage lover in me just couldn't resist. 


You can kind of see the winged liner here. So I hope y'all out there liked the little post, and will be nice.

5 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, you look cute, your outfit is really lovely! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! It's a wonderful fifties look with the little sweater and pearls, and then a skeletal hair clip to mix it all up. Perhaps you'll be the start of a whole new style? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It would be pretty cool if it started a new style.

      Delete
  3. Goth or not, it's a really pretty outfit :)

    ReplyDelete