Friday, August 3, 2012

August Monthly Theme: Bows!



So I am participating in another one of Sophistique Noir's theme things. Instead of a week, it's just a one day thing. I'm putting it in last minute like the good little slacker I am. Anyways the theme is bows, so naturally I went a little overboard as bows are one of my favorite thing. 

I haven't worn this dress often enough and it's kind of fabulous. It's another one of my thrift finds. It's surprisingly lightweight and comfy. 

Here's a little close-up of the dress. I am kind of really in love with the swiss-dot like look of the fabric. Which is polyester georgette actually, not chiffon as I originally thought. My friend who goes to FIDM taught me that. 

Plus I wore my awesome bow headband veil thing that my best friend bought me. She has a matching one in black.

Plus bow shoes! The ones I got from work, otherwise known as White House Black Market. 

Plus bonus picture my roomie got of me and the cat. I look weird, the cat looks cute. 



9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to ask my friend where she got it. I want one in every color.

      Delete
    2. I just asked her and apparently she bought it at an ostrich farm. I'm not making this up, she was at an ostrich farm and that is where she got the headbands.

      Delete
    3. Lol XDDDD well, I have to say those were very fashionable ostriches!

      Delete
    4. Yes very fashionable ostriches

      Delete
  2. That dress is absolutely fabulous. You must show it more love! :) Thanks for sharing your bows for the August theme! Sorry for the delayed comment - somehow I lost track of the last few entries (ie, I forgot to go back and check after the Linky closed!!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really do need to wear this dress more. It was hiding in the back of the closer.

      Delete